What tickles my fancy is challenging myself to do something different. Stretch my imagination. Push myself out of my comfort zone. This gives me something worth writing about. So, I’m breaking the rules. Going against marketing advice. Choosing myself. I’m going to blog here for 20 consecutive business days in the entire month of February. To celebrate the month of “Purification.” [According to Wikipedia the Roman month Februarius was named after the Latin term februum, which means purification.]
So, if Wikipedia says it’s true, it must be. Here goes nothing…
Day 11: Reveal 5 things people might be surprised if they found out the truth
On day one, I willed one thing. On day two, I found out what people think “PURE” looks like. On day three, I got my friends to play my 12-year-old-ish games finding 4-letter words starting with “P” and ending with “E.” On day four, I helped you find your PURE genius. On day five, I turned a humidifier into art. On day six, we played “I spy.” On Day 7, I shared my favorite book that helped me gain personal freedom and tap into my pure and authentic voice. On day 8, I covered my canvas with pure art. On day 9, I spoke the pure and raw truth on one of my favorite radio shows. On day 10, I shared PURE gold with you (a list of my top 5 favorite podcasters).
Today, I’m going to reveal 5 things you probably didn’t know about me that might surprise you:
- My left leg is about 1/2 inch shorter than my right leg.
- I have been hospitalized about 3 times with the same mystery diagnosis for which doctors could never find the root cause over the past 15 years.
- I have a pen and paper fetish, some of which I’ve kept for 25 years.
- I dropped out of school first when I was 16 and pregnant in 10th grade and again at 35 in a doctorate program.
- I was arrested and spent one night in a detention home when I was 15 for taking a joy ride in a stolen car with friends.
What about you? Do you have any surprising reveals?
Photo credit: by Stephen Cummings